Instead of a complex legal explanation, we have set out our policy in our own words:
- Mailbook.nl offers a free service where users can create an address book ("Mailbook") where friends, family and acquaintances (third parties) can be invited to add their address details. The owner of a Mailbook can view, store, and export all these address data.
- When you visit Mailbook.nl with your browser (on desktop or mobile) we store the following: your IP, from which page you come from (Referral), the properties of your browser and which pages you view. If you are logged in, we also save your "user id".
- When creating your own Mailbook.nl account, we store the information you provide in our database. We create a public page for each user under the name, e-mail and title you specify, where third parties can add their address details. These address details will then be saved in your Mailbook. After registration you will receive a welcome e-mail to your e-mail address with the link of your personal page.
- If you choose to receive notifications when adding new addresses, you will also receive e-mails in the frequency you specify.
- When specifying and adding address data to a Mailbook, these are stored in our database. The personal data provided can only be viewed and further processed by the owner (user) of the Mailbook.
- If you send the link from your personal page to your contacts and invite them to enter their address details, they will see your name and e-mail address at the bottom of this page.
- The Mailbook.nl developers can view saved address details for technical purposes. Only when strictly necessary.
- If a contact has filled in his / her address details, they will receive an e-mail from Mailbook.nl containing the address details provided and the option to edit or delete them (at a later time).
- Mailbook.nl has invested to protect the data of our users. We use a so-called Content-Security-Policy against XSS, mandatory https connection to intercept data, and encrypted addresses before we store them in our database.
- Mailbook.nl never shares the address details of its users with third parties.
- To improve our product we use Google Analytics to track the number of visitors and the way they use Mailbook.nl. For this the following tracking cookies are placed: _ga, _gat, __ut[...].
- Do you want to stop Mailbook? If you are logged in, you can delete your Mailbook in your menu via "Settings". We then delete your Mailbook, your details, the link to your personal page, and all address details of your contacts.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.